Workers Compensation Insurance Yuba City
When employees are injured or sick due to their jobs, workers’ compensation insurance provides them with critical compensation and medical benefits. Worker’s compensation benefits include medical treatment and follow-up care, money to make up for lost income, and even death benefits in some circumstances. In most jurisdictions, companies are required to get workers’ compensation insurance for their employees. Having only one employee might be enough to initiate a workers compensation requirement in each state.
What Is Workers' Compensation?
Regardless of the sort of business you own, your employees are susceptible to injury. Suppose your employees experience an accident or sickness due to their job. In that case, workers’ compensation insurance, often known as workers’ comp, can assist you in providing them with the benefits they require.
Workers’ compensation can assist safeguard your company and its employees by providing coverage for the following:
- Unpaid wages if your wounded or unwell employee needs time off from work to recover from their illness.
- Medical expenditures incurred by your injured or unwell employee are reimbursed.
- If your employee needs continuing assistance to return to work, you should consider vocational rehabilitation.
When a worker passes away due to a work-related incident, the employer may pay death benefits, such as burial expenses
Brief Facts About Workers Comp
- According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, workers’ compensation systems were first created by state legislation or under state constitutions in 1911.
- Each of the 50 states and the District of Columbia now has its own workers’ compensation system in place.
- Unless you live in Texas or Wyoming, having workers compensation insurance is required in every state except Texas and Wyoming.
- Agricultural laborer’s, domestic servants, and independent contractors are often exempt from the obligation to carry workers’ compensation insurance.
- According to research published in November 2020 by the National Academy of Social Insurance, the total amount of workers’ compensation payments awarded in 2018 was $62.9 billion.
Start With a Free Custom Quote
We will be glad to help you with the process of protecting your business. We can save you time an money with the right coverage and policy to fit your individual needs. Fill out the form below for great Worker Compensation insurance Yuba City CA. Or give us a
call/text 530-434-2638 Michael Snow Farmers Insurance Agent Protégé
Is It Necessary for Me to Be Injured At My Place Of Employment To Be Covered By Workers’ Compensation?
No. If your accident occurred while you were at work and due to your job, it is covered by insurance. For example, suppose you are injured while travelling for business, performing a work-related task, or even attending a mandatory business-related social gathering. In that case, you will be covered under your policy. Learn more about what constitutes a work-related injury or sickness, as well as what does not qualify.
Does Workers’ Compensation Cover All Work-Related Injuries?
Workers’ compensation covers most work-related injuries, however not all of them are covered. In most cases, workers’ compensation does not cover injuries that occur due to being inebriated or taking illicit narcotics on the job. In addition, coverage may be denied for self-inflicted injury issues, injuries that occurred since you were trying to commit a severe crime and doing something that breached your employer’s policies, and injuries that occurred while you were on the job.
Put You & Your Family in Good Hands
Get In Touch
Our goal here is simple: To equip you with information so you can choose the commercial insurance coverage you want for your business.
Call or text 530-434-2638 Michael Snow Yuba City Insurance Agent