You know what’s best for your classic car under the hood, but what about the best classic car insurance? Whether it’s a muscle car, hot rod or a fully restored 1960s van, Nationwide has partnered with Hagerty to keep you covered with collector car insurance designed for the unique needs of classic car collectors.
Guaranteed Value® coverage
The policy guarantees to pay the full insured amount, minus a deductible, for a covered total loss.
Allows limited pleasure use with no fixed mileage limits.
- Antique and classic cars
- Muscle cars
- Classic trucks and utility vehicles
- 1980 or newer collector cars
- Collector motorcycles and scooters
- Modified vehicles – like hot rods, tuners and lowriders
- Antique tractors
- Collector race cars
- Motorsports protection
- Classic military vehicles
- Kits and replicas
- Retired commercial vehicles
- Vehicles under construction
- Collector trailers
Does your vehicle qualify for classic car insurance?
To qualify for collector car insurance you must meet the following requirements:
The classic car policy allows you to use your collector vehicle for club functions, exhibitions, organized meets, tours and even occasional pleasure driving. As long as it’s not your daily driver, it qualifies for classic car insurance.
- Parking garages
- Car hauling trailers
All household members with a valid driver’s license must have a regular-use vehicle for daily driving to qualify for classic car insurance. Motorcycles and public transportation are not considered regular-use vehicles in most cases.
Classic truck coverage
Collector trucks can also be covered by classic car insurance. We understand that you might have different uses in mind for a truck, which is why we offer specialized collector car insurance coverages. Talk to your agent about how hauling and towing can be considered on a limited basis under a classic car policy.
Although classic cars aren’t for daily use, accidents can still happen. Whether it’s a collision with another vehicle or another object, your classic car policy may reimburse you for the damages.
In the unfortunate event that your classic car is stolen, collector car insurance can cover you up to the Guaranteed Value® of your vehicle.
Additional classic car coverages and benefits
- Automotive tools
- Spare parts ($750 included at no charge, $0 deductible)
- Vehicle Under Construction (endorsement)
- Traveling Collector (endorsement)
Hagerty Drivers ClubTM
- Exclusive automotive discounts
- Members-only events and experiences
- Premium access to Hagerty Valuation Tools®
- Six issues of the award-winning Hagerty magazine
- Hagerty Carcierge – Automotive advice, help finding parts and more
- Access to articles, videos and forums
- Weekly Collector Car eNewsletter
- Membership in the Historic Vehicle Association®